Meet the projects pitching in March
Here at TFN we're getting ready for a busy March. We're hosting two live crowdfunding events and this week we announced which organisations will be pitching for your support.
- Breathe Arts Health Research will be pitching their project 'Melodies for Mums', a programme to provide safe and secure community singing in Lambeth to improve the mental health of mothers with symptoms of postnatal depression.
- Incredible Brilliant Youth empowers generations of young people through mentoring. They will be pitching to expand their mentoring scheme, enabling them to reach more young people experiencing socio-economic deprivation and low self-confidence.
- Forty Hall Community Vineyard aim to reach more women with mental health support needs by working with local referral agencies. They will engage women through volunteering opportunities supported by their all-female team of Ecotherapists.
The week after that, on 14th March, we'll be holding our second TFN London event of the year, generously hosted by our corporate members Octopus Giving for the first time. Our members have nominated and selected a brilliant variety of non-profits to pitch:
- Sarah's Rural Libraries Fund aims to support indigenous communities of Cajamarca, Peru with literacy, record local histories and support cultural activities.
- Child.org will be pitching to pilot the Finnish-style 'baby boxes' in sub-Saharan Africa, identifying whether they could be a tool for improving childbirth outcomes.
- London Reclaimed helps struggling 16-25 year olds into employment through an employment, training and mentoring scheme at one of their two social businesses.
- Pardada Pardadi Educational Society empowers girls and women through education and employment in Bulandshahr, India.
We hope you can join us at one (or both!) of these events next month. If you'd like to come to our event with PwC, you can buy tickets here. Tickets for our TFN London event are available here, or if you're a TFN member, email Karen to RSVP.